My absolute #1 favorite, the Flip Dictionary! This is my secret creativity weapon!
Better than just synonyms, the Flip Dictionary offers “clues” designed specifically for writers to:
- help us figure out that phrase we’re looking for, but just can’t think of or
- when we know what we want to say, but aren’t sure just how to say it.
But, honestly, anyone can benefit from owning a copy. I use it in my business all the time. I’ve even used it to help me decide on what domain names to choose (not Writers Bra though; that was purely my brainchild)!
Plus, going way beyond your standard “reverse dictionary”, the Flip Dictionary includes tables, listings of groups by subject, and more. It quite literally expands your thought processes.
If you get the chance to “flip” through one or are thinking of buying one . . . I highly recommend it! You’ll “flip” over it! (Forgive me, I just couldn’t resist the cheesy pun…lol)
Fisher Space Pen Bullet Chrome Finish, Gift Boxed (400) Great for writing in bed, as it writes at any angle. The Space Pen Bullet makes a great addition to any writer’s toolkit.
The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide To Character Expression One of the biggest problem areas for writers is conveying a character’s emotions to the reader in a unique, compelling way. This book comes to the rescue by highlighting 75 emotions and listing the possible body language cues, thoughts, and visceral responses for each.
Today, a blog is one of the most powerful tools a writer has at his or her disposal. Whether you want to connect with a potentially huge new readership or showcase your work and get published, a well-written, well-presented blog is essential.
Packed with tips, advice, and inspirational stories from successful writers who blog, Blogging for Writers is an accessible guide that teaches everything you need to know to create a blog that you’ll enjoy writing–and one that readers will return to again and again. No technical knowledge is required: Blogging expert Robin Houghton will take you through the whole process step by step, and you’ll soon discover how to blog with confidence, substance, and style.
- 26 illustrated Idea cards
- 26 Detail cards with helpful suggestions and specific tips to try
- Instructions for individual and class use
- “Your portable tool for story resuscitation (or simply creativity rejuvenation).” – Writer’s Digest
Medieval Renaissance Handmade Leather Diary Journal Thought Book by Armory Replicas What writer doesn’t need a journal?
- Overall Length: 6.1 Inches, Width: 4.7 inch
- Pages: 120 Sheets (240 pages counting both sides)
- Paper Type: Handmade Fiber, Recycled Biomass
- Cover: Genuine Cowhide Leather, Binding: Natural Threaded
- Features: Simple Plain with Stitched Edge. Threaded Cover Tie, Threaded Bookmark
Vintage Typewriter Pendant Writer Gift for Writer Typewriter Jewelry Writer’s Necklace Black Red Gray Vintage Keyboard Jewelry Writer’s Gift Ok. How cool is this? A vintage typewriter pendant. What a great gift!